We are interested in community responses to global change drivers.
We were initially funded by the the Long Term Ecological Research (LTER) Network Office in 2012 to study patterns of community change to resource manipulation experiments. Our first two working groups resulted in a conceptual paper detailing how to study community responses to global change drivers (Avolio et al. 2015) and the compilation of 101 datasets (La Pierre et al. in prep). We are currently looking for more datasets, collaborators, and analysis ideas.
- August 2018. Meghan Avolio presents at ESA on plant community changes in global change experiments.
- July 2018. Adam Langley's paper on population changes in ambient and experimental conditions in accepted at Global Change Biology.
- June 2018. Meghan Avolio and collaborators update to the codyn package (codyn 2.0) to analyze communities.
- March 2018. Meghan Avolio, Kim La Pierre, Kevin Wilcox, Emily Grman and Andrew Tredennick meet to work on a community change paper at SERC and then Meghan's living room during a snow storm.
- February 2018. Kim La Pierre, Meghan Avolio and Kevin Wilcox lead an LTER synthesis webinar. Watch it on YouTube!
- For a summary of older news....please visit our old news page!