We are interested in community responses to global change drivers.
We were initially funded by the the Long Term Ecological Research (LTER) Network Office in 2012 to study patterns of community change to resource manipulation experiments. Our first two working groups resulted in a conceptual paper detailing how to study community responses to global change drivers (Avolio et al. 2015) and the compilation of 105 datasets (Komatsu et al. 2019). We are currently looking for more datasets, collaborators, and analysis ideas.
- December 2021. We had a great in-person sDiv meeting at SERC and wonderful collaborative remote meetings with our European colleagues!
- November 2021. Adam and Emily's paper on species trade-offs to global change drivers is accepted in Ecology.
- Summer 2021. Tim Ohlet got an Smithsonian Fellowship to work with Kim on variability of community responses to GCDs.
- Spring 2021. We had a great virtual second sDiv working group.
- March 2021. Meghan's paper on the effect of global change drivers on patterns of community change is published in Ecology Letters.
- September 2020. Meghan's paper on the effect of global change drivers on ANPP is accepted in Oecologia and Kevin's note on our LTER working group meetings with Earth System Modelers and Community Ecologists is accepted at New Phytologist!
- March 2020. Kaitlin Kimmel joined the project as a postdoc.
- For a summary of older news....please visit our old news page!