We are interested in community responses to global change drivers.
We were initially funded by the the Long Term Ecological Research (LTER) Network Office in 2012 to study patterns of community change to resource manipulation experiments. Our first two working groups resulted in a conceptual paper detailing how to study community responses to global change drivers (Avolio et al. 2015) and the compilation of 105 datasets (Komatsu et al. 2019). We are currently looking for more datasets, collaborators, and analysis ideas.
- March 2020. Kaitlin Kimmel joined the project as a postdoc.
- December 2019. We had a great first sDiv meeting in Leipzig and loved the Christmas markets.
- October 2019. Meghan's paper on approaches to studying community dynamics is published in Ecosphere!
- August 2019. Kim's first big synthesis paper on community responses to GCDs is published in PNAS!
- June 2019. Meghan Avolio and Kim Komatsu (formerly La Pierre) get an sDiv working group funded to study traits!
- May 2019. Meghan, Kim, Kevin, Sally, Emily and Adam have a three-day meeting to get several papers ready for writing before our last meeting at NCEAS in July.
- March 2019. Codyn update released on CRAN introducing new functions to do community analyses.
- October 2018. We hold our last of three meeting with processes-based modelers at NCEAS!
- August 2018. Meghan Avolio presents at ESA on plant community changes in global change experiments.
- July 2018. Adam Langley's paper on population changes in ambient and experimental conditions in accepted at Global Change Biology.
- June 2018. Meghan Avolio and collaborators update to the codyn package (codyn 2.0) to analyze communities.
- March 2018. Meghan Avolio, Kim La Pierre, Kevin Wilcox, Emily Grman and Andrew Tredennick meet to work on a community change paper at SERC and then Meghan's living room during a snow storm.
- February 2018. Kim La Pierre, Meghan Avolio and Kevin Wilcox lead an LTER synthesis webinar. Watch it on YouTube!
- For a summary of older news....please visit our old news page!